With the rise in technology and our seemingly increasing appetite for recording all the daily details of our lives, video content has never been more popular. Pretty much everyone in our society will have recorded and uploaded video footage at some point in their lives, and technology has really enhanced the way we interact and communicate with each other. Not just that though, as a component of something functional like a Dash Cam, video can also provide safety and security.
The fact that the word Dash Cam can now be found in the dictionary shows you just how far we’ve come, and with Dash Cams now being more affordable than ever before, isn’t it time that you invested in one, too? Today we are reviewing a feature rich but inexpensive model from TOGUARD which we think is well worth your consideration.
TOGUARD HD Mirror Dash Cam
- 【Backup camera with parking assistance】The dual lens camera can be used as backup camera and triggered by reverse lamp. Please connect the red wire to positive power of reverse lamp, the monitor will automatically switch over the full rear view and trigger guide line for safe parking when the reverse gear engaged; The parking assistance is perfect for backing into tight spots or moving in reverse when visibility is limited; it's like having an extra eye.
- 【Applies to 12-24V vehicles】This Mirror backup camera perfect for most 12~24V vehicles whatever automatic/manual transmission. If your original car rear-view mirror size width less than 10', height less than 3', our rear view mirror camera can completely cover the original car mirror;The default rear camera extension cable is 18 ft can only be used in cars.If your car length over 15ft less than 21ft,please contact us to buy or search asin: B07CYPNV5K to buy the longer cable on amazon.
- 【Dual lens dash cam】The front and rear dash cam simultaneously captures road front (170°) and back rear (140°) in crystal details at front 1280*720P and rear 640*480P. OR utilize the front cam only to record front at 1280*720P. 4.3'' mirror display screen have 4 view mode, one-touch switch design you can switch view mode quickly from either full screen/front/rear view/picture in picture display.
- 【Looping Recording & G-Sensor】This mirror camera for car recorded video is split into 1, 2, or 3 minute segments.Seamless Loop Recording overwrites the oldest footage with the newest upon filling a card to capacity. Variable sensitivity Gravity-sensor auto detects a sudden collision and emergency locks the footage to "SOS File" to prevent that video from an overwrite. 32GB class 10 memory card is recommended.Card is not included.
- 【4.3' Touch Screen & Screen Saver】Based on Touch Screen, it's convenient for you to switch the four view modes from full screen display of front/rear view or picture-picture display. And it can be used as a regular rear view mirror with the screen save function on; Full 18M Warranty,email replies within 24H,and 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Don’t let the price fool you, this may be budget friendly, but it is certainly not lacking any of the features that you would expect from a far more expensive Dash Cam. It’s conveniently controlled via Touch Screen and features a high-quality glass cabochon surface that is easy to manage and minimizes glare from rear headlights. There’s a full 170-degree wide angle viewing lens fitted at the front and an additional 120-degree view of the rear, so you have almost complete full circle visibility, including those blind spots. The front camera records in full 1080P HD and the rear camera in 480P VGA which is perfectly adequate for parking.
One of the things that can put novices off when buying technical items is the time, knowledge, and skill required for installation, but this is relatively simple, utilizing your in-vehicle cigar lighter output. It comes with all the accessories and cables you need to install it, as well as a detailed user manual and instructions.
There are a couple of practical safety features fitted, too, like the automatic R-reverse detection that intuitively switches your Dash Cam to the rear view camera to give you a clear view of what’s happening behind you. Let’s just quickly talk about that view for a minute. The unit is manufactured from a special 2.5 D glass as opposed to plain glass in order to deliver advanced anti-glare. That’s just what you need if you are driving in different kinds of lighting conditions. It is made up of 6 layers of glass which have been constructed to provide a clear and non-deformed image that also minimizes over-exposure and can capture some smaller details at night.
There are plenty more practical features loaded into your TOGUARD HD Mirror Dash Cam that we will go on to discuss further.
Who is this product for?
It’s a great little Dash Cam at a relatively inexpensive price, so it’s perfect for anyone who is budget as well as safety conscious. If you are a frequent driver or you need to park in tricky spots where having eyes in the back of your head really would be an advantage, then this is a great option and will send you out on the road with that additional peace of mind.
Nobody wants or expects accidents to happen, but in the unfortunate event that they do, with this TOGUARD Mirror Dash Cam, you will have the events recorded for future reference or any further action you might be required to take.
Included with your purchase are all of the following:
- Rearview Mirror Camera
- Rear Camera
- 2.69 ft. mini USB cable
- 10.5 ft. cigar lighter car charger cable
- 18.04 ft. rear camera cable
- Rubber straps
- User manual and installation crowbar
Overview of features:
Front and Rear Cameras
This is a dual Dash Cam, which means it has two lenses in the front and in the rear, with the rear external lens being waterproof. The 4.3-inch screen can display one single image featuring footage captured from one of the cameras only or a picture-in-picture display of both outputs simultaneously.
When the memory space is full, the dash cam automatically goes into a loop recording, covering over the earlier video footage. It needs to be enabled first, but this eliminates the need to purchase additional SD cards.
Emergency Lock G-Sensor
This is an ingenious feature and is activated in the event of a collision. The video is automatically recorded and locked, and it can’t be over-written. That’s very useful if you might subsequently need to review the details for an insurance claim or court case.
Your TOGUARD Dash Cam comes with an auto display parking image which is perfect not just for anyone who might struggle with parking, but for when you have blind spots or are tackling tricky situations and need more enhanced visibility. The Dash Cam will automatically show a full view rear parking image with guidelines to assist you. All you need to do is pop your car into its reverse gear, and the Dash Cam will do the rest.
Fitted with a sophisticated and easy to use 4.3-inch touch screen displaying a clear full HD image of what’s going on in front of your vehicle, along with that rear mirror vantage viewpoint.
The one thing that you’re not getting on this budget is active Night Vision, so if you know that you do a lot of your driving at night and need that added protection, then you might want to consider increasing your budget and going for a model that includes this functionality. Still pretty budget friendly considering its enhanced features, something like the Spedal Dash Cam is worth a look.
It’s fully HD with a touch-screen, a 360-degree automatic rotation car camera, and that Night Vision we mentioned. It’s going to cost you a little bit more than the TOGUARD, but it will help to improve the quality of your driving at night. It can be found at the link below.
- 【FULL HD 1080P CAMERA】 Full HD 1080P/30fps, 360°automatic rotation and 138°wide angle, monitors 6 lanes, easy to see obstacles and park the vehicles safely & effortlessly, no blind area.
- 【EMERGENCY RECORDING】 Ultrasonic object detection can be triggered by radar even in the dim light. Integrated G-sensor will auto-lock & record a 30 seconds video when collision detected, prevents your vehicle from collision and theft.
- 【SUPER NIGHT VISION】 HD Dashboard Camera gives you 1080P clear and bright images even at night or on rainy days. Built-in microphone helps to record all sound while recording, improves the driving safety at night.
- 【EXCLUSIVE POWER TECHNOLOGY】 Recorder sensor is installed with a low-voltage control chip internally to avoid getting continuous power from ACC, prevents emergency that the vehicle cannot be started. Built-in 1800mA Battery can work 48 hours when the car is off.
- 【ATTENTION & WARRANTY】 Only supports 480p VGA Backup Camera (Not included in package). Provide 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. (Installation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU1cA5i9JXA)
For frequent daytime drivers looking to have additional peace of mind and preparation for any unexpected accidents when driving, this is a super budget-friendly model with plenty of high-tech features. It’s easy to install, provides an excellent quality picture, and comes with that super user-friendly touchscreen.