With so many vast and varied dash cameras on the market to choose from, it can be difficult even knowing where to get started. That’s where we can help by offering you practical and informative reviews of some of the top recommended products around. If you are looking for a dash cam that that can be quickly and conveniently installed to provide you with a perfect, unobstructed view, then the C1 Dash Cam from ROAV is well worth your consideration. Let’s delve in and take a look at why we think it makes the grade.
ROAV by Anker Dash Cam C1
- CRYSTAL-CLEAR RECORDINGS: Advanced Sony Exmor sensor, wide-angle lense, and Nighthawk Vision technology capture 4 lanes of traffic in Full HD 1080P - even at night.
- INSTANT VIDEO ACCESS: Use the ROAV app to download, manage, and view DashCam's recordings directly on your mobile devices.
- MOTION-ACTIVATED: Gravity sensor activates the camera if your car is bumped or moved to automatically record hit-and-runs.
- EXTREME TEMPERATURE RESISTANCE: Designed to continue operation in 19℉-149℉.
- WHAT YOU GET: Roav Dash Cam C1, Anker Dual-Port Car Charger, Micro USB cable, Trim Removal Tool, User Manual, Happy Card, our 12-month product replacement warranty and friendly customer service. Note: Operation requires a microSD Card (not included).A Class 10, 32GB micro SD / TF card is required as lower-class cards may damage the product. A 64GB or 128GB card should be formatted in the dashcam before using. Regularly formatting the card is recommended.
ROAV is brought to you by Anker Innovations, which has a pedigree and strong reputation for delivering advanced, connected devices that help to improve the safety, convenience, and enjoyment of your in-vehicle experiences. With this latest addition of their C1 Dash Cam, be prepared to capture the unexpected at any opportunity with an advanced sensor and premium integrated lens that even incorporates NightHawk Vision technology. What that means is that you can still record precise and clear images in full HD even at night. Even in low light, you can easily capture a license plate at speed. They’ve also included a 32GB micro SD card which, given the reasonably budget-friendly price of this ROAV, is highly commendable and definitely makes it a real contender for best dash cam.
Included with your purchase is everything you need to get the dash cam quickly up and running, including a two-port charger, a micro USB cable generous in length, some 3M mounting plates, of course the camera itself, and that Samsung Evo 32GB card we just mentioned. If you prefer, you can also charge your unit via your car’s cigarette lighter, although that’s not really recommended as it can be a bit of a nuisance.
This unit looks a lot different from many on the market with its wedge shape design, so it might not necessarily appeal to everyone’s design aesthetics. The display screen takes up most of the front space, and there is a small speaker on the top that acts as an alert mechanism.
The shock sensor is automatically activated and begins recording the second your car is jolted, whether your vehicle is moving, stationery, or even if it is unoccupied and the engine switched off. There is also a wide dynamic range lens that adjusts the exposure automatically to create perfectly balanced images and video recordings no matter what the external light conditions may be like. Better still, with its expansive view, wide angle lens you have the ability to view up to 4 lanes of traffic simultaneously.
A handy additional feature, especially for insurance and security reasons, is that you have the option to watermark your footage and have its date and time stamped. This could be a particularly useful function if you are inadvertently caught up in an accident and subsequent dispute. Features like these really do set the ROAV apart, especially considering its attractive price point.
Who is this product for?
If capturing quality, high-resolution images and video is essential to you, then this is the dash cam you’ve been searching for. Also, if you do a lot of your driving at night and not just in the day, then you will really appreciate the NightHawk Vision which allows you to precisely capture a fast-moving license plate even in dimly lit conditions. It’s affordable, but Anker certainly hasn’t compromised on functionality.
- ROAV C1 Pro Dash Cam
- Anker Dual-Port Car Charger
- Micro USB Cable
- 32GB MicroSD Card
- Trim Removal Tool
- User Manual
Overview of features:
Advanced Sony Exmor Sensor
The beauty and intelligence of this ROAV Dash Cam is that it is intuitively shock activated. The unit will record incidents and any bumps and scrapes that might occur even when you’re not in the car at the time. This is because it has an advanced gravity sensor fitted onboard.
Crystal Clear Video
It has exceptionally clear video quality with an advanced CMOS sensor that can capture even fine details, both in daylight and at night. NightHawk Vision is also enabled in this budget-friendly dash cam. In addition, you get full panoramic optics as standard and can simultaneously track up to 4 lanes of traffic via the fitted wide-angle lens.
With its convenient built-in Wi-Fi, you can easily access and download videos via the ROAV app for sharing and viewing at a later point. Just transfer your recordings directly to your smartphone using the dedicated app.
ROAV Mobile App
Downloadable on Android and iOS devices, the ROAV app connects the camera via Wi-Fi to provide you with a host of useful playback features. You have the functionality to watch playback or browse videos from right within the app itself, or to transfer them to your mobile device directly. The app also gives you the ability to customize all the settings of your camera. We’re talking everything from the resolution to the park settings, watermarking if you wish, and also the SD card formatting functions. You truly can make this ROAV Dash Cam work uniquely for you.
If money is no object and you have more cash to splash on your new dash cam, then you’d be crazy to not take a look at the Garmin Dash Cam, which is super discreet and minimalist in design but literally packed with serious tech and high-end functionality. It’s even GPS-enabled as you might expect with automatic incident detection, so that you can get on the spot help and precisely monitor when and where any impact or collisions took place. It’s an investment, yes, but like Anker, it’s from a reputable brand you can really trust when it comes to your safety. The product can be found using the link below.
- 180-degree field of view captures more of the environment, including cross traffic; Frame rate: up to 30 FPS
- High-quality 2.1 megapixel camera with 1080p video capture; works even in low-light conditions
- Forward collision and lane departure warnings (certain conditions may impair warning function). Plus, alerts for nearby red light cameras and speed cameras (not available in all regions)
- GPS-enabled with automatic Incident Detection (G-Sensor) saves video footage on impact to show when and where events happened
- Voice command (available for English, French, Italian and German) allows you to start/stop recording, take a still picture or start/stop the Travelapse video capture feature
Given the number of generous features and high-quality components in this ROAV C1 Dash Cam, particularly when you consider the affordability of the price, we think that this is an excellent choice. If you are looking to invest in a new dash cam that delivers exceptionally clear, quality pictures and video with reasonable audio, too, then this is certainly worth considering. Anker has gone and done it again with yet another innovative tech product to add to their already impressive line-up.