For anyone who is looking to add an extra layer of safety and security to their driving experience, a good dash cam is an essential investment. Installing the right one for you is vital and will provide that extra peace of mind. Also known as a dashboard camera or a car black box, it conveniently acts just like an on-board camera, taking a continuous recording of the view from your car and more importantly, the activity of other vehicles on the road in the vicinity — even behind you. In most instances, your new mirror dash cam can be conveniently attached with adhesive tape, straps, or suction cups, securing it in place correctly.
With so many accidents occurring on the roads these days, dash cams are becoming increasingly popular to monitor movements which are particularly useful if any insurance claims or police investigations are required. A dash cam may well prove very handy indeed if you have a case that ever gets referred to court, as vital evidence of what really happened. Having a dash cam installed could well save you from unnecessary accidents, especially when parking, providing you with an unobstructed view of what is happening behind you while you are reversing.
Dash cams come with all kinds of features and a vast range of prices, so in case you are confused about which one is right for you, we’ve taken a look at three contenders for the title of best mirror dash cam currently available. This will help you with your important purchasing decision. Rest assured, all of these options conveniently fit over your rear-view mirror.
AKASO Mirror Dash Cam
- Never Miss a License Plate: The dash cam is full HD 1920x1080P/ 30FPS, Advanced sensors capture clearer license plates and details displayed in 5.0 inch screen, 170 degree super wide-angel monitors 4 lanes.
- Reverse Image: With a clear car backup image (480P) guide when reversing, the dash camera helps you reverse your car and avoid unexpected with guide lines.
- Built-sensitive G-sensor activates the car camera to record emergency video when encounter collision, parking monitoring and mobile detection function to help you record the unexpected accident.
- WDR for Night Vision: Turn on the WDR function, balance the brightness of the driving environment effectively, excellent low light compensation effect when driving at night
- Package Includes: User Manual/ Straps/ User Manual/ AKASO DL2 Dash Cam/ Rear Camera/ Rear Camera Extension Cable(19ft)/ front Charging Cable (12ft), if you need install video please contact us, Mic SD card not included, 32GB Samsung or SanDisk class 10 SD card recommended.
If you love your high-tech gadgets, then you will certainly enjoy this AKASO dash cam with its easy to use touchscreen display. It accurately captures details such as license plates with precision, as the images are displayed on a 5.0-inch screen. It records in full HD 1080P for a sharp and clear picture, and it has a 170-degree super wide angle lens that can record and monitor up to 4 lane widths of traffic.
There is also a motion detector feature built in which provides even more safety and convenience, especially when it comes to assisted parking. Let’s face it, many of us do struggle with parking and with this camera’s built-in G-sensor, you can get a clear, unobstructed rear view, particularly helpful when reversing. It also comes with a Night Vision function that provides excellent low light compensation when driving at night and a blue anti-glare mirror that eliminates further lens glare.
When it comes to the installation itself, things are relatively easy, and your purchase comes with everything you need including practical and easy to follow instructions. You get the dash cam, user manual, straps, rear cam, rear extension cable, and front charging cable.
- Touchscreen interface for convenient navigation and easy use
- Clear and precise full HD picture and video captures
- Super quick and easy to install
- Motion detection feature built in
- Parking auto-display image
- Lots of unsightly wiring you might prefer to conceal
YI Mirror Dash Cam
- Two HD cameras including a front facing 1080p HD camera, and rear 720p HD camera
- Easy to set-up, it fits comfortably over your existing rearview mirror
- Integrated LCD 16:9 touchscreen for easy control and preview
- 240mAh battery 3.7~4.3V（with NTC）; Operating temperature: 14F Degree - 140F Degree.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for app connection **YI Mirror Dash Camera rear-view cabling is 6.5m (21.3ft)
This Dash Cam from YI certainly looks sophisticated, but it has your safety at heart too. It’s full of fabulous features that you would expect from a much more expensive model, including a front-facing 1080p camera and a waterproof rear 720p camera. There’s also a convenient ultra-wide angle lens, and a set up so easy, you’ll be up and running in next to no time.
Long journeys can cause lapses in concentration, but with the YI Dash Cam, there’s a built-in driver fatigue alert which helps protect the well-being of the driver and passengers. Speaking of advanced safety features, there’s also a built-in G-Sensor that will automatically activate an emergency recording in the event of a collision. Imagine how handy that could turn out to be in any insurance claim.
With its reverse motion detection sensors, the mirror automatically switches to show you exactly what is happening behind you. It’s just perfect for problematic parking. It’s also rainproof and dustproof, so you can have peace of mind no matter what the road’s conditions.
- Two 1080P HD cameras fitted front and rear
- Super quick and easy to install over your existing rear-view mirror
- Integrated LCD touchscreen display for easy control and preview
- Built-in Wi-Fi for app connection
- Fatigue driver alerts and Night-vision functions included
- Creates some glaring and no dimming function
AUTO-VOX M8 Touch Screen Dash Cam
- 6.86"Touch Screen & 1296P FHD Recording: M8 mirror dash cam provides full HD 1296P clear pictures with adjusted front camera lens and 6.86" embedded IPS touch screen,thanks to 6-class lens and the sensitive image processor.
- Safe Parking Without Blind Spot: The 180° Horizontal rear viewing angle & 6.86" big screen provides much clearer and wider range when you are backing up, you will not miss any car either coming from your right or left. You can see clearly even on the rainy days with the super night vision.
- LDWS & Motion Detection: the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), it will deliver an audible alarm to alert you when your car is off track or veering into the adjacent lane;Turn on the motion detection function when you park your car, the dash cam will automatically record if motion is detected within its detection range (about 3 meters, this function needs to work with the hardwire kit).
- G-sensor& Loop Recording: with the built-in G-sensor, the dash cam will records automatically when detects any collisions, provides the important evidence for you; It will overwritten the earliest clip with the latest one automatically when the cad is full , you don't need to worry about running out of the storage space.
- Guaranteed After-sales Service: 1 year Warranty. Professional customer service (firstname.lastname@example.org)and technical team will give you the timely reply about any question within 24 HOURS. You will enjoy the best shopping experience!
The AUTO-VOX is a popular choice and a great looking piece of machinery with some interesting and useful functions. It combines sleek and professional looking design features with a water-resistant back camera and also comes with night-vision, as well as a convenient parking facility. Not that we are saying your parking isn’t up to scratch, but everyone could do with an extra pair of eyes in the back of their head from time to time.
The sophisticated touch screen can record everything when driving with its HD video, large LCD display, and full 180-degree wide angle lens that can even capture those blind spots. There are plenty of other convenient alerts pre-installed, too, like the Lane Departure Warning System. This is perfect for when you are on a busy freeway, advising if a car is in danger of veering dangerously into your lane and also sending alerts to long-distance drivers to combat anti-fatigue. It’s easy to install, waterproof, and really does cover all angles. It’s easy to see why this AUTO-VOX is so highly recommended, as it’s nothing short of a trusted guardian and protector.
- Quick and easy to follow installation process
- Waterproof rear camera
- Front and rear cameras can be set to record simultaneously
- Built-in unique gesture sensor
- Great night-vision option in low-level lighting
- Night vision can be a little unreliable in certain conditions
- Take special to care to really follow the installation instructions
It’s difficult to pick a clear winner in this category, as all three of these mirror dash cams have so many stellar features which could lead us to recommend them. They all record in HD, are relatively easy to install, and come with plenty of useful built-in alerts. Which one you end up purchasing may well come down to your budget. That being the case, the YI model really does offer a serious amount of features and certainly offers a lot of dash for your cash!