These days, it is not uncommon to see dash cams in the windows of many, if not most, cars. In fact, the majority of new cars come with built-in dash cams. Those who have vehicles without the built-in models are installing their own, and it only takes a few minutes to install and set up a dash cam in your own car. If you are interested in getting a dash cam, but are not sure which one you should get, check out our reviews of three of the best dash cams of 2018.
Top Three Dash Cams Comparison Chart
Best Dash Cam Reviews
Rexing V1LG Dual Channel Dash Cam
- DISCREET DESIGN: Signature low-profile design allows the V1LG to be your well-hidden personal witness.
- HD DUAL CHANNEL RECORDING: Captures 1080p HD video @ 30fps with front camera. WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE allows the camera to perform optimally in low-light situations by carefully fine-tuning the exposure. HD REAR CAMERA records in 720p @ 30fps, giving you clear, high-definition video of both ends of the road.
- BUILT-IN GPS: Internal GPS Logger allows you to mark time, date, location, and speed information to all your recordings without the need for a separate accessory.
- LOOP RECORDING: When the storage limit is reached on the memory card, new recordings will automatically overwrite oldest recordings. Video will be split into 1, 3, or 5 minute intervals. Supports high-endurance micro SD memory cards up to 128GB in memory size.
- ACCIDENT AUTO-DETECTION (G-SENSOR): When the built-in gravity sensor detects a collision, the current video is locked, ensuring important footage is kept protected. Locked video will be kept safe from being overwritten.
The Rexing V1LG Dual Channel Dash Cam has a signature, low-profile design that lets you have your camera pretty much out of sight. Even though it is small, it captures high quality 1080p HD video at 30 fps (frames per second). You will have great footage of everything on the road around you while you are driving, which can be pretty handy in the event of an accident requiring video evidence for insurance purposes.
This dash cam has a dynamic range that allows the camera to work in all lighting situations, including at night. The HD rear camera records in 720p at 30fps, so you get a clear view of the road both in front of and behind you. This is going to be a huge help if you have a larger vehicle and don’t always feel safe backing up.
The built-in GPS logger is a feature we really love. It lets you mark times, dates, locations, and even speed information so you don’t have to mark them separately later on. The loop recording ensures that even though the memory card is full, you will still have recordings. Once it gets to the end of the card, it will simply start over.
- Low-profile design lets you keep this dash cam out of sight
- Accident auto-detection (G-sensor) protects video footage after accidents
- Ultra-wide angle lens, 170 degrees, for any lighting situation
- Doesn’t work well in cold temperatures
- Can be problems with errors on memory card
- Camera freezes up occasionally
AWESAFE Dual Dash Cam
- 【Dual Lens Dash Cam】With a 170° front facing night vision camera and 120° rear facing Infrared camera(60°rotatable)in one body. It shots both front and inside the cabin simutaneously.
- 【Clear Night Vision】Novatek NT96658 CPU, 6-glass lens, Sony Exmor IMX323 sensor captures super-sharp 1080p video (and optional in-car audio) , combined with super big aperture and wide dynamic range(WDR), you can get comparatively clearer footage and image at night.
- 【Worry-Free Use】It takes only a few minutes to install successfully. Auto startup, loop recording, G-sensor lock, WDR, motion detection, on/off audio, license plate/time stamp, screen saver, video playback,parking monitor, these features will automatically protect your driving safety when you start the car.
- 【Wide-Angle Protection】: 170°wide angle lens allows a larger viewing angle to be recorded. For example, you will be able to see 4 lanes of traffic. The more you see, the safer you are. 6 glass lens provides better light transmission, thus recording crystal clear video.
- 【What You Get】AWESAFE DashCam Q2, 32GB micro-SD card，Car Charger, Suction Cup Mount, User Manual, our 18 months of product service and friendly customer service.Your email will reply within 24 hours and solve the problem for you.
Whether you need to see what’s ahead of you or what’s behind you, it will not be a problem with the AWESAFE Dual Dash Cam. This camera offers 170 degrees front-facing night vision, and 120 degree rear-facing infrared. This is all in one body, so you don’t have a lot of things to install. It can even shoot in front of and inside the vehicle cabin at the same time. The large aperture and wide dynamic range ensure that you get clear footage, even at night.
You don’t have to worry about a complicated set-up with this dash cam. In just a few minutes, it can be completely installed, and you can immediately begin using the auto start-up, loop recording, G-sensor lock, WDR, motion detection, and other features. There is even a license plate time stamp, along with a screen saver, video playback feature, and a parking monitor.
The 170 degree wide-angle lens gives you a larger viewing angle than you get with other dash cams. You can actually capture four lanes of traffic. The six-glass lens system gives great light transmission, so you end up with perfectly clear video recordings. Included are the AWESAFE Dash Cam, a car charger, a suction cup mount, a user manual, and a 32GB micro-SD card.
- Front and passenger dual cam
- FHD 1080p recording, both day and night
- Parking mode
- Installation isn’t always as easy as it sounds
- Suction cup mounting offers limited angle options
- Motion sensor isn’t the greatest
Dual Dash Cam
- Full 1920*1080P HD recording at a smooth 30 FPS with 4 LED lights 720*480P rear camera to ensure high quality image even at night.The rear cam video quality require good light surroundings.
- 4 inch IPS big screen with low illuminition 2.0 large aperture lens help you to watch the video recording when driving. Taking photos by pressing the "down" button.
- G-Sensor enabled recording occurs as soon as any sudden braking, impact, rapid acceleration or sharp cornering occurs. WDR functions eliminates glare and dimming. Also supports motion detection, parking monitoring.
- This dash cam comes with 170 degree wide angle and 6 infrared filter glass lens. Built in 500mAh polymer battery. Maximum supports 32G micro SD card(ABOVE CLASS 10) for storage.
- Installation guide of rear camera:Both cameras can display and record continuously. Connect the red wire from the rear camera to the reversing light lamp, when the car was in reverse, the image of rear camera will automatically switch over the full screen on front camera, and the screen has the reversing lines on the big screen, it is convenient for us to reverse a car.
The Dual Dash Cam offers full 1920*1080P recording at 30 fps. The rear camera offers 720*480P recording. Whether the footage is from the front or behind, you are going to see crystal clear video. The four-inch IPS big screen has a low illumination, 2.0 large aperture lens that lets you capture a lot while you are recording. You can even take still photos. All you have to do is press the “down” button to capture images.
This dash cam has G-sensor enabled recording that begins the moment you brake suddenly, experience impact, accelerate quickly, or turn around sharp corners. The WDR functions ensure that there is no glare or dimming. This camera even supports parking monitoring and motion detection. The 170 degree wide-angle lens and six layered infrared filter glass lens both ensure clear, crisp images on all of your footage.
Using the installation guide, you can easily install this dash cam in just a few minutes. The guide shows you how to use the display and record features on both cameras simultaneously. To install the rear cam, simply connect the red wire, located on the rear camera, to the reverse light. When the car is in reverse, the image from the rear camera will come onto the screen. There are reversing lines on the screen, making it easier to drive in reverse.
- Comes with everything you need for installation
- A car charger is included
- Supports 32G micro-SD card for video storage
- We can’t really find anything to complain about, and there are no customer complaints we can see
If you have been considering installing a dash cam in your vehicle, any of the above three options are going to fit the bill nicely. Each have rear cameras, so you can see what is going on around you at all angles. Backing up has never been easier, and if you are in an accident, you don’t have to worry if you don’t have a camera, because any of these dash cams will pick up everything that has happened.