Driving has never been more unpredictable and unsafe as it is today, with more people getting distracted by smartphones, unruly passengers, and even poor traffic conditions. This undoubtedly leads to more accidents where you could be ruled at fault, even if it was the fault of the other driver.
To avoid a headache, it’s always best to invest in the best dash cam with motion detection, as it will help to make sure that you’re protected in the event of an accident. One of the three models below is rated the best dash cam you can get your hands on for your peace of mind and overall safety.
Best Dash Cam with Motion Detection Reviews
1. Crosstour Dash Cam
The Crosstour Dash Cam comes equipped with almost everything that you would expect a dash cam to have, including a highly utilitarian appearance. If you’re in the market for a heavy-duty protective system for your vehicle, this is one of the top models to choose from.
With a variety of features to benefit from, several of the most noteworthy include:
- Full 1080p resolution: Designed with the Sony 2M CMOS sensor, the Crosstour Dash Cam takes high-resolution recording in both bright and dark lighting conditions.
- Wide angle capturing: Integrated with a 170-degree wide angle lens that is six-glass fixed-focus, you’ll be able to capture all activities across four lanes of traffic.
- Night vision lights: To capture pristine recordings in the evening and night, you’ll benefit from the built-in dual infrared night vision lights with a wide dynamic range for true coloring.
- G-sensor locking: To prevent collision-related overwriting of content, you can enable the added G-sensor locking that continues recording in the event of an accident.
- Motion detection: Anything that is moving within three meters of your motorcycle or vehicle will be recorded with the help of the motion detection, also, the camera will automatically stop recording if movement ceases for ten or more seconds.
- Loop settings are the default for continuous recording
- Does not automatically stop recording when the card is full
- Easy to install
- Must ensure “loop” is enabled for continuous recording
2. Accfly Mini Dash Cam
When compared to other dash cams on the market, even with the Crosstour Dash Cam, the Accfly Mini Dash Cam has a smaller design, which makes it ideal for installing it in a stealthy location in your vehicle. Even though it is smaller in size, it still offers a robust number of characteristics that you’ll put to good use.
The most useful features of the Accfly Mini Dash Cam include:
- Adjustable HD image capturing: When using this dash cam, you’ll have the ability to cycle through different video qualities, which gives you maximum control over the level of detail you have access to. You’ll be able to choose from 1920x1080p or 1280x720p depending on your personal preferences.
- Built-in G-sensor: Ideal for continually recording video in the event of a collision, the built-in G-sensor will automatically lock and continue recording without overwriting existing data if you’re in an accident.
- Loop recording: Compared to other dash cams that have video leakage in between clips, the Accfly Mini Dash Cam is designed to record when the loop mode is enabled.
- 32GB memory card compatibility: You’ll have the opportunity to use a micro SD that has up to 32GB of storage for maximum recording capabilities.
- Motion detection: In the event that there is motion detected in the surrounding area, your Accfly Mini Dash Cam will automatically begin recording and stop after 15 seconds of no movement.
- Can record up to three hours before overwriting
- Easy to use for less tech-savvy customers
- Effortless to mount
- Motion detection requires car battery power
- Mounting equipment is poorly made
- The charging cord is poorly made and unreliable.
3. Kenuo Car Dash Cam
As the third and final model contending for the title of the best dash cam with motion detection, the Kenuo Car Dash Cam is designed with the everyday user in mind. There are plenty of features similar to the other two models on this list, but it offers far more versatility and a simple interface that anyone can use.
A list of the most impressive features of the Kenuo Car Dash Cam include:
- Adjustable HD recording: Similar to the Accfly Mini Dash Cam, the Kenuo Car Dash Cam gives you the ability to cycle through different resolutions including 1920x1080p (30fps), 1280x720p (30fps), and 1280×720 (60fps).
- Many recording options: The first thing you’ll notice about this dash cam is that there are plenty of recording options as you can choose from continuous loop recordings and you can choose from one to ten-minute segment recordings.
- Three-axis G-sensor: With the help of the three-axis G-sensor, your dash cam will automatically lock in the event of an accident and protect the locked video from being overwritten.
- WDR-enabled night vision: For clearer captured images in low lighting conditions and complete darkness, the WDR-enabled night vision adapts to the current atmosphere in order to give you the highest quality images and video possible.
- Integrated parking monitor: With the help of the built-in 250mA lithium-ion battery, the Kenuo Car Dash Cam will automatically turn on if your car is parked and it is hit.
- Wide angle lens: With a 150-degree viewing angle, you’ll never worry about missing any action surrounding your vehicle while you’re moving on the road.
- Easy-to-use auto-shutoff
- Compact, stealth, and sleek body design
- Captures high-quality videos in all lighting conditions
- Easy to install
- May interfere with key fob when on
- Sticker adhesive wears down with sun exposure
To make sure that you have the peace of mind and coverage while on the roads, it’s essential that you find the best dash cam with motion detection. In our opinion, the Kenuo Car Dash Cam is the best device that you can get your hands on as it has an onslaught of useful features that will cover you in the event of an accident or single-vehicle collision.
You can unbox and install your new dash cam within a matter of minutes. Also, it has the auto-shutoff feature that helps not drain your car battery if you choose a hard-wired install.
The multiple recording options and high-quality night vision recording is ideal for capturing all activity regardless if you’re in a well or poorly-lit area. Also, the integration of the parking monitor is ideal for protecting your vehicle even if you’re inside a store or at home. It’s easy to see how the Kenuo Car Dash Cam is the best option for first-time dash cam users and people who are looking to replace their existing cameras.